Time to get your muse working, to challenge yourself with your writing. As always there are writing prompts to choose from and words to figure out how to use together. Or come up with your own writing challenge. Be sure to bring whatever you come up with to the next meeting to share with everyone.
If you want to try using one or all of the words in a sentence, paragraph, short piece, these are the words for September: gondola – monkey – sun – man – watch
Here are some writing prompt ideas. All but the first one are borrowed from https://www.writersdigest.com/prompts
- Finish the thought: There was a strange wailing sound coming from the next room…
- Write a scene or story that includes food. What type of food is it? How does it taste? Why is the character eating it? Was it prepared a special way or only eaten on special occasions?
- Write a story, scene, or poem that uses the abecedarian format. Start with the letter A, or get creative and start anywhere in the alphabet you wish.
- Re-write a scene or story from the point of view of someone or something that none of the characters knew was watching. It could be a ghost, animal, the furniture come to life, etc.
- Imagine that a character did the old spin the globe and see where to take your next vacation trick. Write a story or scene describing where they went and how their trip panned out.