- It is the self-hosted version of WordPress.
- Comes with a lot of features and plugins that can make the blog look professional.
- Free software, quick install, self-hosted, beginner and advanced-friendly, constantly updated/improved, SEO friendly.
- CON: Not free. Requires hosting.
- The version of WordPress with cheaper hosting possibilities. A good start for any blogger.
- SEO friendly.
- Cost: Free (to start), Personal ($4/month, for personal use), Premium ($8/month, for freelancers), Business ($25/month, for small businesses), eCommerce ($45/month, for online stores)
- CON: Limited selection of themes/plugins.
- This is owned by Google and very popular.
- You can login with a Gmail account and get setup easily.
- Offers an AdSense monetization option, layout customization, and option to edit coding.
- Ability to store thousands of posts, photos and more with Google for free.
- Can get a free blogspot.com domain or buy a domain name.
- Uses the idea of “micro-blogging” and allows for easy uploading of short stories, videos, and photos.
- CON: There is no plugin compatibility and limited visual customization options.
- It is very basic, but user-friendly so you can get content up fairly fast.
- Build a website without coding
- Built in SEO tools
- Cost: Basic ($15/month, simple site), CMS ($20/month, content driven site), Business ($45/month, marketing site)
- Offers a drag and drop website builder and stylish designs.
- Free software, easy to setup, unlimited storage
- Cost: Free (basic use), Personal ($6/month, connect to a custom domain), Professional ($12/month, professional branded website), Performance ($26/month, with eCommerce tools)
- CON: Weak platforms for blogging, limited themes.
- Good solution for businesses and professionals to quickly create a high-quality website with plenty of features.
- Free software, drag & drop website builder, ad integration, professional themes/designs
- Cost: Personal ($14/month, 3GB space), Unlimited entrepreneurs ($18/month, 10 GB space), Pro ($23/month, 20 GB space), VIP ($39/month, 35 GB space)
- Offers power tools for advanced users and businesses to create a beautiful static website.
- User friendly, professional templates.
- Cost: Personal ($12/month), Business ($18/month), Commerce ($26/month), Advanced Commerce ($40/month)