My new book on novel writing is just out and I’m running a FREE eBook promo on Amazon (today 9/8 and tomorrow 9/9 only).
StoryMasters—Advanced Notions in Novel Writing is a complete rethinking and remaking of the eighth edition of Novel Writing Made Simple, it’s the first major revision since Edition Seven in 2010.
This is one of the most comprehensive reference and resource books on novel writing available, with complex concepts broken down into the most basic of terms.
- When was the last time you saw subtext discussed in a novel-writing book? It’s in StoryMasters!
- What about free indirect discourse—have you ever seen that broken down and given in simple terms so that you understood it and could recognize how important FID is to your writing? It’s in the book!
- Do you even know what psychic distance is? Just sayin’—z’in the book!
- Need to research a writing concept for the next writers’ meeting? In the book!
- Having trouble with point of view and need a refresher? It’s in the book!
- Your characters seem too flat and unreal, and you want to know more about writing 3D characters that will leap off the page? The book is where you’ll find it!
- Don’t know what direction your story is headed and need help with plotting? Got it right there in the book!
- Bogged down or completely stuck halfway into your story and in search of a pathway out of the mucky middle (muddle)? Ditto!
- Want to find out how to make a novel notebook like Storybinder that will keep all your story ideas in one place? Yep—ITB!
- Want to brainstorm your story in order to develop it more and flesh it out? It’s in the book!
- NaNoWriMo’s coming up—do you know what StoryStormer is and how it can help you write your story quickly? Check it out in the book!
- Want to develop emotional subplots to help characterize but don’t know how? Af-firm-a-tive!
- Want a bang-up opening without a bomb going off? Si-si!
- Want a comprehensive lexicon of over 500 words to help you understand the craft and business of novel writing? Roger that!
- Want to read over a hundred quips from bestselling writers and celebrities about writing and entertaining? Of course, it’s in the book!
- What about Grandma’s recipe for her luscious apple pie—do you think it’s in the book? No, silly! You’ll have to ask Grandma for that … but if you need a clear and effective recipe for writing gripping suspense … you guessed it—it’s in … the … book!
- What about writing dynamic dialogue, imagery, interactive setting, skillfully shifting tenses, shifting narrative mode and point of view, simple editing techniques, manuscript formatting, an overview of the traditional publishing business and how to query an agent? Uh-huh … need I say more?